3D epoxy floor cost
The price of 3D epoxy flooring depends on many factors.
For example, the condition of the substrate, total square feet, and system complexity.
In addition, durability and service life are also the two main factors affecting the price of 3D epoxy flooring.
If people use advanced epoxy floor, the 3d epoxy floor cost is more expansive.
Next, let’s get to know it from these aspects.
Average 3D epoxy floor cost
The average price of epoxy flooring is US$2,108.
According to data, the cost of epoxy resin flooring in the United States in 2019 is between US$1,407 and US$2,942.
Moreover, the installation of 3D epoxy floor cost of professional epoxy flooring ranges from 3 to 12 dollars per square foot. Meanwhile,the cost of equipment and materials alone will reach US$2 to US$5 per square foot.
Besides, if people want complicated designs, the 3D epoxy floor cost will be higher.
Moreover, the smaller the floor area, the higher the cost.
Typical 3D epoxy cost：
Generally, there are three types of 3D epoxy:
- solid epoxy resin
- solvent epoxy resin
- water-based epoxy resin.
Among them, 100% solid epoxy coatings are the most expensive. Usually, commercial flooring will choose it.
And both solvent-based and water-based epoxy resins contain about 40%-60%
As for waterborne epoxy, its coatings are thinner than solvent-based epoxy coatings and easier to apply.
But they are less durable. However, its coating is thicker than solvent-based epoxy coatings.
Therefore, it can cover more defects in the concrete floor. Also, thick coatings cost more to cover the same square feet as thin paints.
In addition, their prices also depend on the way people do it. For example, people may need to use solvent-resistant brushes, rollers or squeegees, goggles, rubber gloves, plastic buckets or other items. For the price, it is up to $200.
If you want to make it by yourself, the 3d epoxy cost is around $ 50- $ 600.
Cost of ordinary epoxy floor
Epoxy is a floor coating, not a floor. Therefore, epoxy flooring is a material other than other flooring materials. So, the average epoxy floor cost is between $2.50 and $9.75 per square foot.
Cost of solid epoxy floor
Solid epoxy resins are pure epoxy options.
Meanwhile, water-epoxy mixes other materials.
The solid is 100% pure epoxy. The cost of solid epoxy flooring is almost twice that of water-based epoxy flooring.
But it has many advantages:
- The service life of solid epoxy resin is longer than that of water.
- Solid epoxy resin is thicker than water-based. If you are going to remodel the garage, we strongly recommend that you use solid epoxy because it can withstand heavy traffic, tires, motor oil and other materials in the garage.
- Moreover, if you want to change the design later, you can change the solid epoxy resin.
On the other hand, solid epoxy floor also has its disadvantages:
- Solid epoxy flooring is not an ideal choice under high humidity or extreme temperature.
- In addition, solid epoxy floors are difficult to install. They need an adhesive that is hard to find. This adhesive makes installation a little difficult, thereby increasing the total cost of epoxy flooring.
Waterborne epoxy floor
If you want DIY household epoxy flooring or you want a cheaper alternative, you can use water-based epoxy.
Moreover, this thinner epoxy is easier to install and protects the floor from scratches and dirt. Therefore, it can act as a sealant.
Because it is water-based, this epoxy type is very suitable for outdoor or humid climates.
As for its shortcomings, a waterborne epoxy floor is not as durable as a solid epoxy floor. So people usually take protective measures. Moreover, this will increase the 3D epoxy floor cost.
Epoxy garage floor cost
The average epoxy garage floor cost for 1 garage is $1,875.
Typically, the price of professionally installed garage epoxy flooring is between 3 and 12 US dollars per square foot. Meanwhile, for a 250-square-foot single garage, the average is between 750 and 3,000 US dollars.
Besides, for a 400-500 square-foot double garage, the average is 1,200 to 6,000. Dollar.
Industrial and commercial 3D epoxy floor cost
Depending on the type of epoxy resin people choose, the cost of 3d epoxy for industrial or commercial use is approximately US$2 to US$10 per square foot.
Similarly, its price mainly depends on the type of epoxy resin, and how many coatings and methods people use.
3D epoxy floor cost for maintenance and repair
One of the main advantages of epoxy flooring is minimal maintenance.
Compared with concrete floors, epoxy-coated floors have better load-bearing capacity.
Therefore, if you want to maintain its bright surface during long-term use, people should consider the cost of maintenance and the time it takes.
- Clean the dust: In order to ensure a bright epoxy floor, please wipe off all the debris with a mop.
Moreover, for textured floors, people need a soft broom to really remove all dust and dirt.
2. Quarterly cleaning: First, dust the entire garage, terrace, or basement. Then, mix hot water and a little ammonia in the bucket, and use a heavy-duty mop to clean the ground.
3. Clean stains: If the mop cannot remove rust and oil stains, people will use a stiff brush dipped in hot water to clean it. But if this doesn’t work, you can try using trisodium phosphate or a biodegradable cleaning solution.